Would you like a record of someone’s life, told in their own words?
Or perhaps you are interested in discovering and recording the memories and experiences of community group members?
I will work with you to understand what you want from the research, and provide services relevant to your needs. This might include:
- A single or series of oral history or life story interviews designed to capture whatever is important to you / them, whether that is an overview of an entire life, or a more detailed insight into a specific part of life
- An audio recording
- A full, typed transcript
- A biography / report along with any photographs or documents you would like included
- Additional research such as sourcing archival documents or genealogy
For individuals, social history research makes a lovely gift and family keepsake that can be treasured by future generations. Whether you want a book format or a wall display, I offer a range of presentation options:
- Biography / report with perfect / soft bound cover
- Biography / report with hard cover (and optional gift box)
- Standard paper (50 x 70cm, A2 or A1)
- Superior paper (A2 only)
For community groups and other organisations (such as libraries and museums), social history research projects can engage members, enhance your activities offering, and provide an important long-term addition to your records / collections. I will work with you to tailor a presentation format to your needs, whether as a report, exhibition or online content.
Click here for information on my other community engagement services, and contact me to discuss your requirements.
Oral history research provides a lasting record of people’s experiences and feelings