Who I work with
Are you a design professional lacking the in-house expertise you need to bid for historic building projects?
Have you been asked to provide heritage consultancy services as part of your appointment and don’t know where to start?
Are you a small architectural conservation practice looking to partner with another like-minded company to expand your portfolio to larger projects or new sectors?
Or perhaps you are a heritage consultant interesting in partnering with an architect to increase the scope of your work?
I can help you! I’m an architect, heritage consultant and academic researcher providing services to private businesses, third sector organisations and the public sector.
I provide architectural services for heritage and conservation projects in the following areas:
- Project stage
- Funding applications
- RIBA Stages 0-7
- Civic (prisons, courts, public buildings)
- Commercial (offices, headquarters, call centres)
- Community (community centres, leisure)
- Education (primary, secondary and post-16)
- Residential (including one-off, developments / mass housing and country houses / halls)
- Project type
- Conservation and restoration
- Extension and adaptation
- Adaptive re-use / repurposing
- New build in historic settings
- Building / setting location and significance
- Urban and rural, primarily in Yorkshire
- Undesignated areas
- Designated places from Conservation Areas to World Heritage sites
- Listed buildings (Grades I, II and II*)
I can work with you on either a short or long-term freelance basis to provide the knowledge, skills and experience you need for your next step. Whether it’s archival research, character and condition building surveys, interpreting and reporting on the information you already have, or advising on your design ideas, my heritage consultancy services will ensure you can demonstrate the expertise you need to win and carry out the project you want. Alternatively, I can provide my architectural knowledge to help you diversify your portfolio of heritage / conservation projects. And of course, it doesn’t have to be a choice between my heritage consultancy and architectural services – you may want both!
If you’re ready to take the step and expand your portfolio of heritage projects, contact me to discuss how we might work together on your next project.